We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality and privacy at all times, irrespective of your age.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- Your medical records will be dispatched to the Health Authority as requested upon your. transfer out of the practice, within seven working days.
- You will be seen as soon as possible if your problem is urgent.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with the same respect – we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name, telephone number or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery, and night visits should be for emergencies only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us.
- Use the tear off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible. Please attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due as well.